Making money and moving to your next level of success often comes down to one thing: Your mindset. In our talks with Derrick Kinney, we were able to explore just how much your mindset impacts your ability to earn, and what lessons you can take forward to maintain total mastery of yourself in alignment with your goals.
Below, we’re diving into the mindset elements that you can start practicing today that can align you to greater financial growth.
Don’t be afraid to lean into your passions with your portfolio
We know that portfolio diversification is important. However, it’s also important to remain genuine with your vested portfolio and lean into new ways to help your preferred passions and industries grow. This can help to enhance your mindset and perception around investing, and can also engage you more with your current investments. Instead of branching off altogether and investing in a category, you may not feel confident in, inform yourself of new ways that you can diversify while still remaining in alignment with your goals.
Be aware of potential mental roadblocks
As children, we are told a (lot) of differing opinions that work to shape the way that we view money, investing, and our overall financial decisions. For example:
- If you grew up in “fear’ of money or its ramifications: You may be afraid to take more financial risks with your investments or spending habits.
- If you grew up with little to no extra cash: You may be hesitant to spend anything at all or may struggle to see the value in investing or savings that don’t yield long-term benefits. This is also prevalent in families who struggled with financial insecurity.
- If you grew up in excess: You may need support before you feel confident taking charge of your own financial destiny. Conversely, you might also have started at a younger age and may be further along in your wealth-building journey.
No matter where you fall, it’s important to realize two things:
1. There is no “right” way to feel or right experience to have.
2. If you notice your moods and preferences change around money, it may be time to explore that and break through any barriers keeping you from your next level of success.
Ask for help and financial growth support
If you’re looking to move from a place of high-income to high-net-worth, the team at Money Insights wants to help. We know just how powerful this shift can be, and can help you seek true financial freedom by making your money work for you. For more information and to get started today, please visit our website. We look forward to serving you.